Friday, September 6, 2013

Haddie's A Rollin!

It's been a week and 2 days since we got back to Belpre. Life has been crazy but good. We are learning the ins and outs of parenting...it seems that Haddie has a lot of outs..or at least in her diaper it seems! All joking aside she is doing great!

She had an eye exam yesterday at Akron Children's Hospital. She passed with flying colors and doesnt have to have another eye exam for 6 months! So good to check that off the list...praise God. Then today we had our weekly visit with Dr. Tomlinson in Parkersburg...and that went good too. Haddie weighs 7lbs 12 oz and is gaining weight daily. She got some vaccine shots today....not her favorite thing.

Her two major accomplishments have happened in the past 24 hours. Last night she slept the whole night. We woke her up at 3 to feed her and she went right back to sleep! It kind of freaked us out a bit...thought she might be sick. I think she is adjusting...or at least I hope she is. It felt great to sleep that long! And then today Kate's mom came down and fed her through the bottle...60mls...yup...thats everything! And as I write this, across the room Barb is feeding her and its looking like she will take 60 again! Couldnt be prouder!

We have our first baby shower in Woodsfield tomorrow. Haddie will make a quick in and out appearance and then return to the protective bubble we have around her! It's tough...we really want to show her off...but we really dont want her to catch something either. We will keep referring to Dr. Tomlinson as to when he thinks its safe and she is big enough to go out in public. It could be a while.  

Thanks for all of the prayers and support. Haddie is a miracle and a blessing. Watching her grow and accomplish goals is truly amazing. God has blessed us tremendously.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Don't let anyone convince you to take her out in public before your doctor says it's OK. Even following doctor's orders, Diana got a cold and had to go back to Charleston for a couple days. Then they got pneumonia when they were 8 months old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you dont know me but I have seen your blogs on facebook! I am so happy for you guys!!! I agree with Donna, do not risk it. My youngest wasnt allowed to be out in public for about 6 months to a year. I bought a raid sheild for the stroller to keep him protected from not just the coughs and sneezes but it kept people from being able to touch him. I also carried hand sanitizer with me so if I need ed to touch him I could have cleanish hands. Bless you and your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete