Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Update

It's been a rough couple of days. Kate and I were getting adjusted to hospital life and awaiting the ultrasound today. Friday night the flu found me. I got the chills and got sick at 1am. I obvioulsy didnt want to give that to Kate and neither did the nurses. In fact they kicked me out! I didnt want to go to the ER so I headed back to Tim and Melody's. It has been a major blessing to have them the past 3 days as they have gone to the hospital and stayed with Kate. I am feeling better and hope to make it back tomorrow if I wake up 100%.

Today Kate had an in depth ultrasound which revealed some good news. Her fluid level is up to 6.1. The heart is also looking very good. The not so good news is that the MCA level is high. They measure the MCA during the ultrasound...it is an artery in the brain and by measuring the blood flow they can detect any strain on Frogger. It has always measured a bit high but today it was higher which is of conern. It could mean that there might be bleeding on the brain. They aren't really sure though. So tomorrow they will do an MRI to check everything out. This could be nothing. It could be very serious.

Once again we ask for your prayers. We ask knowing that the prayers haven't stopped. We are nervous about this but know that God is in control. Love you all. Thanls for your prayers and support!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Travis & Kate, Glad you are feeling better Travis... Praying the test on Frogger tomorrow will be a normal reading!!! All these things present many challenges for everyone! Prayers for each of you. Blessings, Chuck & Ruth Ann Gibbs

    ReplyDelete