Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Quick February Update

Thought I'd just share a little of what's been going on with Haddie for those of you that want to know. She's doing pretty well these days. Still scooting when she crawls and she gets in that mood maybe 3 times a week. She's doing very well with her therapies and working her switch toys. She seems to be more alert than ever. We've lowered her seizure meds a little bit and she's reacted fine. We met with a dietician this past week and she felt Haddie was doing well. She's plateaued a bit so we need to increase her calories some but overall Had is eating and drinking well.

And that's about it really. It's so crazy to have a sense of normality considering how hectic the first year or so was. I was reminded of this when I was at Akron Children's hospital this past week. Haddie and I hopped in an elevator and a guy my age walked in as well. He looked beat. I asked him how he was and he said "so, so. We've been in and out since August". I knew what that meant. In the hospital, things get better, you get out and before you can get settled you're back in the hospital. I told him I'd been there and simply encouraged him to hold on and hang in there. I wish I could've said more before he got off the elevator.

People often ask why I don't update this more. The main reason is there isn't a ton to update. Haddie continues to impress us with her growing abilities and her funny personality. We are so blessed to have calm and uneventful days and months. We know full well that could change in an instant so we try not to take that for granted. But I am humbled that people still ask and ant to know. That tells me that Haddie has a special place in a lot of peoples hearts.

Thanks for your prayers and thoughts!

2 comments:

  1. Haddie and her story touch many....
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear your life with sweet Haddie is getting better. She is blessed to have you all in her life. Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete