Friday, August 21, 2015

Waking Up

The past three days Haddie has slept a lot. She would barely wake up in the mornings. She would stir a little in the afternoons and would catch up on eating a little bit in the evenings. We keep giving her antibiotics and waiting. She wasn't getting worse and there was no sign that this was anything other than her dealing with a UTI. A lot of people we talked to said they slept several days when they had theirs.

But today...she woke up! I went upstairs to say goodbye before work and she was wide eyed and looking around! She looks way better. Hoping this continues throughout the day!

I was very humbled yesterday. As many of you know, a great member of our church passed away yesterday morning. I had the privilege of going to the ER and being with the family right after he passed away. His wife's first words to me were "how's Haddie?" Mary, that meant a lot considering the moment that you were in. I cannot express how much all of your prayers and thoughts for Hadassah means to us when we go through moments like this.

Please pray for the Miller family.



(I asked Kate to send me a picture...looks like Haddie decided to close her eyes again!)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for keeping us posted. So good to hear that Haddie is over the infection, and has slept it off. Trusting that Sept. has been uneventful.

    ReplyDelete