Wednesday, December 10, 2014

EMU Stay

It has been a while since I have updated...and I have received the complaints about that. Sometimes I feel like Haddie is a celebrity and I am her PR manager. But to be honest, I am honored that you are still following our story. So I will continue to update. And maybe a bit more frequently.

A good bit has happened since her shunt surgery back in October. On Nov 25th we had an eye muscle strengthening surgery. This was to help with her one eye that was slower than the other. Other than us forgetting to tell them not to give her morphine and her being asleep for 24 hours afterwards making it impossible to give her her meds...it went well. Her eyes are improving and she is tracking a lot better now.

We are currently in the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit at Akron Children's Hospital. She's been having little episodes more frequently these past few weeks. When they come on her Haddie's face gets very flushed, her arms go stiff, she gets a panicked look on her face, and her tongue thrusts rhythmically. However, they only last for 10 seconds to a minute. We had caught a milder version of this a few months ago on an EEG and it didnt come back as a seizure. But they have become more pronounced now and our neurologist seemed to think a 3-4 day continuous EEG monitoring would be good for her. So I checked in with her yesterday. And she was a good little girl and had 5 of them for them to record. we figured she would be a booger and not have any this week.

Turns out, they think they are seizures. We dropped a medication last night. I am currently waiting to see the doctor and see what the plan is. They may add another med. The plan is to watch her until Friday but if they see what they want to see we could get out earlier.

Life's good. Haddie really is doing well and while we dont like seizures, these a way milder than what we dealt with in the early summer. But hopefully we will try something that can fix these little ones too. I will update with the results later on.

Seriously, if you are still following our story, thank you. I appreciate your prayers and thoughts for my family. God is good.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update I am praying for your family, I have been reading about your angel through my nephew Zack Powell

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so excited everytime we get to see her. It is so fun to watch her make progress. She is such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete